CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE JAMBALAYA
JAMBALAYA RECIPE INGREDIENTS
- 1 lb. smoked pork sausage (sliced)
- 1 lb. boneless chicken thighs (or breasts if you don’t like dark meat) dark=more flavor
- 3 c. white long grain rice
- 6 c. water
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 chopped white onion
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- 3 tsp. of chopped/minced garlic
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 tbsp. salt (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp. Pepper (or to taste)
- 3-4 drops of kitchen bouquet sauce (optional – this is for darker color)
- A few sprinkles of cayenne pepper
- Robert’s Louisiana seasoning (or "Season All") – teaspoon
- 1 tsp. worchestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 1 "splash" of beer
In a large pot over medium/high heat "brown" your sliced sausage in the vegetable oil for approximately 5-7 minutes, stirring and turning – you want it to look cooked, and the bottom of the pot to be dark – the sausage will have a tendency to "stick" to the bottom, this is OK, that’s when you know it’s time to remove the sausage.
Repeat sausage step, except this time with the chicken – remove from heat. *
Add the onions, bell peppers, and garlic. Sautee in the same pot until transparent and covered with the dark remains of Put your chicken and sausage back in the pot, along with the water. Also, add your seasonings, worchestershire, and Kitchen bouquet – While stirring occasionally, bring to a full boil
Add rice, bullion cubes, hot sauce, & beer— Stir occasionally and bring to boil.
Reduce heat to simmer, and cover for 1 hour. – DO NOT REMOVE LID DURING THIS TIME
Remove lid, turn off heat, serve up and enjoy the Jambalaya recipe of chicken and sausage !
Jambalaya recipe: jambalaya-skillet.