Easy Cajun Jambalaya Recipe
JAMBALAYA RECIPE INGREDIENTS
* 2 teaspoons olive oil
* 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
* 8 ounces kielbasa, diced
* 1 onion, diced
* 1 green bell pepper, diced
* 1/2 cup diced celery
* 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
* salt and ground black pepper to taste
* 2 cups uncooked white rice
* 4 cups chicken stock
* 3 bay leaves
* 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
* 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
JAMBALAYA RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Saute chicken and kielbasa until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic. Season with cayenne, onion powder, salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes, or until onion is tender and translucent. Add rice, then stir in chicken stock and bay leaves. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer 20 minutes, or until rice is tender. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce. The Jambalaya recipe is ready to serve...enjoy it !
CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE JAMBALAYA
JAMBALAYA RECIPE INGREDIENTS
- 1 lb. smoked pork sausage (sliced)
- 1 lb. boneless chicken thighs (or breasts if you don’t like dark meat) dark=more flavor
- 3 c. white long grain rice
- 6 c. water
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 chopped white onion
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- 3 tsp. of chopped/minced garlic
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 tbsp. salt (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp. Pepper (or to taste)
- 3-4 drops of kitchen bouquet sauce (optional – this is for darker color)
- A few sprinkles of cayenne pepper
- Robert’s Louisiana seasoning (or "Season All") – teaspoon
- 1 tsp. worchestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 1 "splash" of beer
In a large pot over medium/high heat "brown" your sliced sausage in the vegetable oil for approximately 5-7 minutes, stirring and turning – you want it to look cooked, and the bottom of the pot to be dark – the sausage will have a tendency to "stick" to the bottom, this is OK, that’s when you know it’s time to remove the sausage.
Repeat sausage step, except this time with the chicken – remove from heat. *
Add the onions, bell peppers, and garlic. Sautee in the same pot until transparent and covered with the dark remains of Put your chicken and sausage back in the pot, along with the water. Also, add your seasonings, worchestershire, and Kitchen bouquet – While stirring occasionally, bring to a full boil
Add rice, bullion cubes, hot sauce, & beer— Stir occasionally and bring to boil.
Reduce heat to simmer, and cover for 1 hour. – DO NOT REMOVE LID DURING THIS TIME
Remove lid, turn off heat, serve up and enjoy the Jambalaya recipe of chicken and sausage !
Jambalaya recipe: jambalaya-skillet.
JAMBALAYA RECIPE INGREDIENTS
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tbsp. lite Creole seasoning, divided
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (8 oz.) low sodium tomato sauce
- 1/2 lb. cleaned medium shrimp
- 2 cups MINUTE® Brown Rice, uncooked
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers, onions and celery; cook and stir until crisp-tender.
Toss chicken with 1 tbsp. of the seasoning. Add to skillet. Cook and stir 2 to 3 min. or until cooked through.
Add tomatoes, water, tomato sauce, shrimp and remaining 1 tbsp. seasoning; mix well. Bring to boil. Stir in rice; cover. Simmer 5 minutes Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork.
Makes 6 servings.
Cook's Note: Omit 1 tbsp. of the Creole seasoning. Substitute 1 pkg. (6 oz. each) Grilled Chicken Breast Strips for cooked fresh chicken strips. Cook and stir celery, onion, green pepper and chicken breast strips in hot oil until vegetables are tender. Continue as directed.
ANDY'S JAMBALAYA RECIPE
Jambalaya Recipe Ingredients:
- 1/4-1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 lbs sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups diced ham - recommended
- kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 4 cups onion, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 2 cups green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 5 cups chicken stock or water flavored with chicken bouillon
- 4 cups long grain rice
- 2 tbsp kitchen bouquet
- 2 tbsp seasoning salt
- 2 tsp old bay seafood seasoning
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 cups green onions, chopped
- parsley, to taste
Fry the bacon until crisp and/or pork sides till almost charred; remove from pan and set aside. Season chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder; brown in hot oil in 8 quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook 5-to-7 minutes.
Remove chicken and sausage from pan; set aside. Add onions, celery, green peppers and minced garlic; cook, stirring 7-10 minutes or until vegetables begin to wilt. Stir in chicken stock, reserved chicken and sausage, seasoning salt, Kitchen Bouquet, Old Bay seasoning, oregano and thyme. Bring to a boil.
Add rice and return to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to simmer. Cook 10 minutes; remove cover and quickly turn rice from top to bottom completely. Replace cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Stir in green onions. Sprinkle with parsley.
For brown jambalaya, add 1 heaping tbsp. brown sugar to hot oil and caramelize, or make a roux, or use Kitchen Bouquet. For red jambalaya, add approximately 1/4 cup paprika or use 1/2 stock and 1/2 tomato juice or V-8 for your liquid. For seafood jambalaya, add cooked seafood when rice is cooked....enjoy the Jambalaya recipe !
1. Use 1 cup of rice for every 2 cups of vegetables (onion, celery, bell pepper).
2. Use 1-1/4 cups of liquid for every 1 cup of uncooked rice 1 cup of uncooked rice will make 3 cups of cooked rice.
3. Cook jambalaya for a total of 25 to 30 minutes, stirring well after 10 minutes.