JAMBALAYA RECIPE INGREDIENTS
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tbsp. lite Creole seasoning, divided
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (8 oz.) low sodium tomato sauce
- 1/2 lb. cleaned medium shrimp
- 2 cups MINUTE® Brown Rice, uncooked
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers, onions and celery; cook and stir until crisp-tender.
Toss chicken with 1 tbsp. of the seasoning. Add to skillet. Cook and stir 2 to 3 min. or until cooked through.
Add tomatoes, water, tomato sauce, shrimp and remaining 1 tbsp. seasoning; mix well. Bring to boil. Stir in rice; cover. Simmer 5 minutes Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork.
Makes 6 servings.
Cook's Note: Omit 1 tbsp. of the Creole seasoning. Substitute 1 pkg. (6 oz. each) Grilled Chicken Breast Strips for cooked fresh chicken strips. Cook and stir celery, onion, green pepper and chicken breast strips in hot oil until vegetables are tender. Continue as directed.